A drop of water from a salt chlorinated pool contains less salt than a human tear. Here is a list of typical salt levels in common:
Ocean Water – 35,000 PPM
Human Tear – 9,000 PPM
Hayward Salt Pools – 1600 - 3,000 PPM
Automatically have the cleanest, softest, and safest water possible with the most reliable Salt Chlorinator on the market.
Sanitize your pool with the world’s best-selling salt systems. Hayward Salt Systems deliver the 3 C’s of salt chlorination—comfort, convenience, and cost savings, all at a cost you’ll love.
- COMFORT - You’ll love the unimaginable comfort of silky soft water that won’t turn eyes red, hair green, or dry out skin. The more natural approach to chlorination eliminates harsh chlorine odor and leaves your pool feeling healthier and more luxurious.
- CONVENIENCE - No more lugging heavy buckets and jugs of harsh chemical chlorine. No more constant testing and adjusting of your chemicals. With Salt Chlorination, sanitizing your pool happens automatically by converting ordinary, dissolved salt into chlorine while you sit back and relax.
- COST SAVINGS - With Salt Chlorination, you will cut your chlorine costs by 50% or more. As a continuous supply of fresh, natural chlorine is constantly circulated throughout your pool, you can expect to drastically cut your chlorine costs over time.
Residential Salt Water Pool Systems
Commercial Salt Water Pool Systems
No more mixing, measuring or messing with liquid or tablet chlorine. We have Commercial Pool Salt Chlorinators for all sizes of Class B Swimming Pools.
Advantages of Salt Water Pools
Why do pool owners choose salt water pools?
WHAT IS A SALT WATER POOL?
Put simply, a salt water pool is a pool that has been chlorinated by means of salt chlorination and not traditional harsh liquid or solid chemical chlorine. This salt chlorination gives you clean, clear and luxuriously soft water, which provides up to 5 years or more of hassle free chlorination.
Convert your pool Today!
HOW SALT WATER POOLS WORK?
With salt chlorination, you can get all the benefits of a conventional chlorinated pool - clean, clear water - without the negative side-effects, like chemical odors and irritated skin and eyes. Instead of using chemical chlorine to sanitize your pool, salt chlorine generators work by converting conventional salt into chlorine - it's as simple as that!
- Water in your pool containing the proper amount of dissolved salt enters the TurboCell.
- Power is applied to the TurboCell, converting dissolved salt into chlorine gas.
- The chlorine gas dissolves into the water.
- Water with pure, fresh chlorine is returned into the pool, satisfying 100% of your pool’s chlorination needs.
WHY ARE SALT WATER POOLS BETTER?
4 Reasons to choose a Salt Chlorinated Pool
- Water feels luxuriously soft and silky
- Saltwater pools reduce skin and eye irritation and won’t smell like chlorine
- Hayward’s easy to maintain reliable systems
- Salt Chlorination saves up to 50% over traditional chlorine
- The chlorine manufactured by Salt Chlorination has little impact on ph and alkalinity, with just a periodic reduction in pH needed
Get Started Today!
Review the following list of Sanitization products for converting pools to saltwater. Click the links below to learn more about each product.
Comfort, convenience and cost savings - courtesy of the world's #1 salt chlorinator.
A perfect score in water quality. No testing required when you choose AquaRite Pro with Sense and Dispense
Powerful automation meets pristine pool water.
Commercial salt chlorine generator.
DIY-friendly salt chlorinator for silky soft water.
Reliable chlorine delivery to pools and spas for nearly two decades.
HOW TO CONVERT A CHLORINE POOL TO A SALT WATER POOL
- Balance the water in your pool. You do not need to drain your pool.
- Add the required amount of salt to achieve desired concentration. (Hayward systems operate best at 3200ppm and Hayward Low Salt units at 2000+ppm)
- Mount the chlorinator controller on a wall near your pool pad.
- Wire the chlorinator controller for power.
- Install the chlorinator cell into the pool plumbing after the filter and after the heater.
- Connect the chlorinator cell to the chlorinator controller.
- Turn on the pool pump, check for leaks, operate the pump to circulate water and dissolve salt.
- Turn on salt chlorinator and enjoy your salt water pool. ADJUST THE DIAL TO INCREASE OR DECREASE CHLORINATION
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS NEEDED TO CONVERT TO SALT WATER?1. Salt Water Chlorine Generating System consists of:
How Do I Maintain A Salt Chlorinated Pool?
As with any pool, you need to check pH, alkalinity, hardness and chlorine levels on a regular basis. Most pool retail stores will perform this test for you at no charge. Salt chlorination, which does not vary much, should be also be checked regularly, but this may be done every other month or so. Again, many stores will perform this test at no charge. If you are the Do-It-Yourself type, many different test kits are available for at home use. Depending on the use of your pool, you may need to adjust your salt chlorinator’s chlorine production to a higher or lower output level to keep the chlorine level where it needs to be. If there have been a large number of swimmers in the pool, if you have had heavy rain or if the pool water is cloudy, you can put the chlorinator into “Super Chlorinate” mode where it will automatically generate the maximum amount of chlorine for the next 24 hour period. Salt Cells should be inspected for calcium build up about every 500 hours of use (our systems have a “Check Cell” LED light will illuminate every 500 hours to be used as a reminder) and cleaned if necessary. The most convenient time to clean your cell is prior to turning on your salt system at the beginning of the pool season (for people who close their pools).
Consult with our POOLGEEKS for technical advice and help choosing salt chlorination products that are right for your pool. Converting to salt chlorination is the right choice for piece of mind.